2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 6 Apr 2004 16:16:19 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Camp Lejeune TCE panel

Your opinion counts! We're conducting a survey for a
computer service/repair company. When you complete our
survey, you will also be entered into a drawing for one of
ten $100 prizes. Just click
http://click.topica.com/caab6PiaVxieSa8wsBba/ Val Rad
Non-Military Panel Tests Camp Lejeune Water

JACKSONVILLE  [NC] (AP) -- Two toxicology experts with academic
backgrounds have been added to a three-member panel reviewing water
contamination in the 1980s at Camp Lejeune after criticism that the
original panelists all had ties to the military.

Two of the original panel members had military careers and chairman
Ronald C. Packard served as a Navy dentist for two years during the
Korean War.

"I felt that as long as there was a perception out there that the panel
was weighted to the military," it wouldn't be credible, Packard said.

Former base residents contend Marine Corps leaders knew for years that
water wells had been contaminated and did nothing about it. They say
families have suffered health problems that will last a lifetime.

for the entire story, see
http://dailysoutherner.com/articles/2004/04/05/news/state%20news/state2.txt

Sign up to get FREE information from leading colleges!
Compare degrees, admissions, financial aid and more.
Study your career education options at
Collegeinformation.info.
http://click.topica.com/caab6aiaVxieSa8wsBbf/ College Info