2004 CPEO Military List Archive

From: CPEO Moderator <cpeo@cpeo.org>
Date: 5 Apr 2004 18:12:15 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: RE: Doctor from Camp Lujuene - and TCE

Graduate in less than 13 months with AIU's Online virtual
campus. Classrooms and student service as close as your
computer. Highly accredited, study anytime ? anywhere.
http://click.topica.com/caab6anaVxieSa8wsBba/ AIU

[The following message from Jana Herbert Walsh, for some reason, did not appear in the previous posting. --Aimee]

When a base has contamination, such as TCE, Perchlorate, arsenic, etc., and
the plumes keep moving...if that base closes, is there a difference in
clean-up process, expectations, deadlines, contractors, etc.?  For example,
Beale AFB has TCE and Perchlorate plumes popping up while they are
apparently trying to keep them in check and out of the ground water.  But,
already one of the contaminants has made its way into properties off base
and when I attend their RAB meetings, another plume has popped up.  What
could be my expectations should Beale AFB not make it past the 2005 BRAC
process...the current Administration's lack of responsibility to NEPA and
CEQA has me worried already now and I am wondering what to expect once any
base is no longer active, but still has contamination problems.  Thanks.
Jana Walsh

Bounces like rubber! Shatters like ceramic! Discover Crazy
Aaron's Thinking Putty in grown up handfuls. It's the
creativity unleashing, mood enhancing desk toy!
http://click.topica.com/caab593aVxieSa8wsBbf/ Crazy Aaron Enterprises

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ CPEO: A DECADE OF SUCCESS. Your generous support will ensure that our important work on military and environmental issues will continue. Please consider one of our donation options. Thank you. http://www.groundspring.org/donate/index.cfm?ID=2086-0|721-0