2002 CPEO Military List Archive

From: themissinglink@eznetinc.com
Date: 16 Oct 2002 11:48:34 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] "Post-ROD" Dispute Apparently Resolved - 1

Good, I am glad to see the EPA bite back as the DOD tries to weaken
environmental laws and generally have their way as lead agency in various
cleanups.  I think the DOD being the lead agency is a travesty of the
justice system and counter to the Third Amendment to the Constitution.
Having the polluter, who also happens to be the financially responsible
party, be the lead agency is a clear conflict of interest.

The Third Amendment, moreover, speaks to civilian control over the military
and limitations on military operations affecting the civilian population.
The twisting of the First Amendment to cover political donations takes more
imagination than seeing how the Third Amendment, limiting the housing of
soldiers in civilian homes, can be applied to the military poisoning the
water, land, and air of those same civilians.

There is nothing more un-American than poisoning America and Americans.

Steven Pollack