2002 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Vs3trees@aol.com
Date: 23 Sep 2002 18:25:20 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] 11th hour appeal to STOP TOXIC BURNINGS!

Please pass this message on. You can help stop the Burnings in an instant!

    11th hour appeal to STOP TOXIC BURNINGS!

Dear Concerned Friends:
Thank you for coming through in the past to help
Say NO to the Fort Ord Toxic Burnings.

In spite of consistent pressure the Army is still
marching forward towards burning on Fort Ord near Monterey, California as
early as
OCTOBER or NOVEMBER of this year and the powers
that be still refuse to do a health assessment on
the Burnings.

They will be using new meteorological conditions.
This year they will ignite the TOXIC and POISON
OAK laden fields when there is a light offshore
breeze and a weak inversion. This means that the TOXIC AND
POISON OAK SMOKE WILL DRIFT OVER OUR MONTEREY
PENINSULA!

There has been no health assessment in spite of
many concerns regarding hazardous and toxic
materials and poison oak that will go up in the
smoke and into our schools, homes and businesses.
These materials cause: BIRTH DEFECTS, SERIOUS ILLNESSES, CANCER, AND DEATH!

This is being forced upon us.

Time is of the essence.

You can Say NO to this and stop it!
A new tool has been created to help people instantly object to
this issue. It is called Instant Activist.

Simply Click onto HOPE's web site -

    http://www.1hope.org/one-min.htm#FortOrd

Then click on the words -

    "Auto-Prepare a letter Objecting to Burning Fort Ord"

Before your very eyes will appear a letter that is
already addressed to Governor Davis, The EPA and
others that asks for a halt to the Fort Ord
Burnings and asks for the first ever health
assessment on them. You can edit and add your own
words. Add your name and address and with the
touch of an activist finger you have made a major
step towards protecting your community and
stopping the burns. Note: if you use AOL you may
have difficulties; contact me and I will send you
the letter and addresses.

Please take a moment to protect your community from enormous health risks.

For more information contact me
at 831-384-7658.

Thank You for Caring,
Vienna Merritt Moore