2002 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@cpeo.org>
Date: 23 Jul 2002 18:46:43 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] Defense memo on Perchlorate

I've learned that the Defense Department memo on perchlorate sampling,
which I posted on July 20, 2002, is the original DRAFT version sent by
the Office of the Secretary of Defense to the armed services for
coordination.  The services have provided comments, and they are being
considered and worked into the document.  Then it will have another
round of coordination.  It is unlikely to be signed out before the end
of August, 2002.

Rather than ask for critiques of the document, Id like to ask a broad
question: How should the Defense Department and other responsible
parties at sites contaminated with perchlorate deal with that
contamination, given that there is no promulgated health-based cleanup
standard for the compound?

Lenny