2002 CPEO Military List Archive

From: walshw@pepperlaw.com
Date: 19 Apr 2002 14:55:09 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: RE: [CPEO-MEF] Lead Levels

I apologize if my prior e-mail was imprecise.  I attached to my prior
e-mail the EPA guidance which operates as Mr. Woolfard states.  It
states that EPA "recommends a 400 ppm screening level for lead in soil
at residential properties."  I was using short-hand.  I assumed that
anyone interested will and should read the attached documents and any
other documents.

One word of caution.  It is resource intensive to seek a site specific
lead level.  At many Superfund sites, 400 ppm ends up being the soil
cleanup level.  However, the precise process is as summarized in the
Woolfard e-mail.