2002 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Topica Support <support@get.topica.com>
Date: 13 Mar 2002 20:40:36 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Welcome to cpeo-military!

Hi,

You have been successfully added to the email list
"cpeo-military" at Topica.

If you would like more information about this list, you can find
the list's information page at:

    http://www.topica.com/lists/cpeo-military@igc.topica.com

If you feel that someone has used your email address without your
consent, please let us know by contacting abuse@get.topica.com.

If you have any questions, please visit our help system at
    http://www.topica.com/
(click on "help" on the bottom of the screen)
or email our Customer Support Department at
support@get.topica.com

Here is a welcome message from Aimee Houghton, Lenny Siegel, CPEO Moderator:
-----------------------------
This Internet Mailing List is sponsored by the Center for Public Environmental Oversight (formerly CAREER/PRO), which is based at the San Francisco Urban Institute of San Francisco State University.  The Military Environmental Forum is designed to be a non-partisan and open discussion addressing the many issues surrounding military base closure, cleanup, and conversion.

The goals of this Internet Listserve are simple:

1.  Provide a network through which community activists such as RAB/CAB/SSAB members, officials and others - including experts - can directly share information and ideas related to the military and the environment.

2.  To disseminate up-to-date information about military environmental problems, activity, policy, and legislation.

3.  To augment training forums and focus groups that we and others provide for advisory board members.

This newsgroup is designed as a public forum for people to express their opinions, post information, share successes and setbacks, ask questions, and just plain discuss ideas.

CPEO moderates the Military Environmental Forum to ensure that all postings are relevant, that copyrights are not violated, and that messages are suitable for distribution.

How the process works:

1. You send a text message to <cpeo-military@igc.topica.com>. Please do not submit attachments.

2. We quickly review the message.

If the message meets newsgroup criteria, we send it to the entire list. You are free to forward any message you receive from us.

* If the message is not relevant to the Forum, we return it with an explanation. If you think we're wrong, let us know why, and we'll reconsider.

* If the message seems to be directed to an individual who has previously posted a message, we will ask you whether you intend that it to go out to the entire list.

* If you submit copyrighted material, we will ask you 1) to write a summary of the article or report or 2) to post the title, author, date,
and one or two paragraphs of text. If available please provide a Web link to the full text.

* If your message includes personal attacks or language that we think our readers may find offensive, we will ask you to revise it. If you insist on including the material, we will probably post it with a disclaimer.

3. If you want to post a response to a message, then you should reply to <cpeo-military@igc.topica.com>. If you want to respond to the creator of the message, then you should key in the individual's e-mail address, instead.

For more information about this list, visit:

http://igc.topica.com/lists/cpeo-military

NEW OPTIONS FOR READING AND POSTING

- Read and receive your messages online
- Post messages online - so you don't have to remember the list address
- Put your account on vacation hold
- Choose individual messages or digests

To edit your list preferences, go to:

http://igc.topica.com/lists/cpeo-military/prefs

To read and post online, or search the archives, go to:
    http://igc.topica.com/lists/cpeo-military/read

You can either login to your existing account or set up your free new Topica account at:

http://igc.topica.com

Then, click on "Your Lists" and select this list!