2002 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Phil Egidi <Phil.Egidi@state.co.us>
Date: 27 Feb 2002 16:32:29 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] City Saves Brooks Air Force Base From theChopping Block

My question is "does the city buy the liability for past contamination
discovered after the transfer?"  Some of these sweetheart deals get sour
when the community finds that it is liable for cleanup.  This can also
be an issue if numerous institutional controls are to be used, which
historically do not withstand the test of time, as we are finding out
with uranium mill tailings sites in the west.

Phil Egidi
phil.egidi@state.co.us