2002 CPEO Military List Archive

From: mousekill@hotmail.com
Date: 29 Jan 2002 16:32:43 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: RE: [CPEO-MEF] DU Munitions

One of the reasons recent conflicts have been swiftly resolved and resulted in few deaths of United States service members is because of the "overkill" capabilities of our forces. I fail to see how meeting enemy armor on a more equal footing is desirable. It increases the chance of an enemy tank's survival, increasing the chance of that enemy tank killing our soldiers.

There are no environmental benefits resulting from armed conflicts. The toxic chemicals required to fight a battle are numerous. Explosives, propellants, engine coolants, engine lubricants, and fuels released during a battle all pose potential long-term environmental threats. The best way to limit this environmental damage is to maintain our ability to swiftly resolve armed conflicts.

Thanks,

Brett Wood