2001 CPEO Military List Archive

From: CPEO Moderator <cpeo@cpeo.org>
Date: 29 Nov 2001 14:07:05 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: RE: [CPEO-MEF] Defense comments on EPA draft FUDS policy

[------ Original Message Follows ------]
To: cpeo-military <cpeo-military@igc.topica.com>
From: StellaVB@aol.com
Subject: Re:  Defense comments on EPA draft FUDS policy
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 20:35:25 EST

Though Camp Bonneville is not a FUDS site, I do know that without the
enormous influence of EPA on USACE, this site would probably have gone
to the 'wayside' with contamination issues never resolved appropriately.

I also had a hard time following exactly what this document was 'getting
at' but if I read it right, it seems USACE has the 'higher authority'???
 If so, this is not appropriate based on what I've witnessed with the
Corps regarding
CB.

I do know, by personal experience, that I am extremely grateful for
EPA's role regarding methodologies and cleanup on Camp Bonneville.

Stella Bourassa

[------ End Of Original Message -------]