2001 CPEO Military List Archive

From: CPEO Moderator <cpeo@cpeo.org>
Date: 6 Nov 2001 16:16:46 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: : Re: [CPEO-MEF] DOD vs. EPA

Stella;
The sad part for those of us 'citizen stakeholders' who care about the
clean-up of our near bases, is that we are forced to depend on the EPA
to be our advocate.  Then, we are assigned staff that when we want to
know what the military response to a problem is, we only need to get one
from the EPA rep.
The need here is to rewrite the legislation that puts them in the same
room with the DOD in charge.  This is independance...Hardly!

Marcia Rudolph...El Toro RAB

CPEO Moderator wrote:

As disappointing as this information was, I am not surprised.  I have
witnessed what I perceive as a long drawn out EXPENSIVE argument between
the regulated and the regulators which wasted time and money considering
the small return it netted.

I was never 'privy' to BCT meetings therefore I could never make a
judgment nor logical deduction over what or who was doing the arguing,
over what, etc. I cannot make any judgments at this point over what
Lenny has written except to ask the question/comment that these are
adults sitting around these tables, surely from an adult viewpoint, by
all, these arguments can stop?
Tongue in cheek, of course, but maybe someone trained in psychology
mediation should be present at all  meetings to preserve the true reason
why they are sitting at a table to begin with.

Stella Bourassa

[------ End Of Original Message -------]