2001 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Aimee Houghton <aimeeh@cpeo.org>
Date: 13 Sep 2001 17:45:59 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Friends and Colleagues at the Pentagon

On October 14th this listserve will have been in existence for 7
years.  Over that time we have posted messages from people working in all
aspects of military cleanup.  On Tuesday some of my first thoughts were of
people we have worked with over the years whose offices are located in the
Pentagon and the fervent hope that they were all alright.

Information is slow coming out of the Pentagon but we have heard from some
people.  Marilyn Null of the Air Force Environmental staff let us know that
everyone in their office was alright.  They are on the other side of the
Pentagon.  I have heard from two different people that Army Environmental
staff, from what they know, are alright.  Most Navy Environmental staff are
in offices in Roslyn north of the Pentagon or the Navy Yard across the
Potomac in Washington, DC.

I have had calls at home from people in other parts of the country
wondering if we (CPEO) had heard anything  This information should be not
considered official, but it is our attempt to convey to our readers what we
have heard about colleagues and friends.

The military services should feel free to use this listserve to send out
updated information if they wish.

On a more personal note Lenny and I have worked with military and
Department of Defense employees for many years now.  Often times over the
years we have disagreed on policy issues.  At other junctures we were able
to forge alliances.  During it all we have developed relationships with
these people.  We know that many of them have probably lost friends and
perhaps even loved ones in Tuesday's tragedy.  Non-military members of our
listserve may also have lost family and friends. To all we offer our
deepest sympathy and prayers to everyone during this time.

Personally we are shaken, yet collectively we shall continue.

Aimee
Please note new phone number and address below.
Aimee R. Houghton
Associate Director, CPEO
1101 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Suite 1000
Washington, DC  20036