2001 CPEO Military List Archive

From: StellaVB@aol.com
Date: 22 Jun 2001 17:37:05 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Summary's of Encroachment Testimony by Military

I am a little late in responding to these testimonies dated April, 2001
throught the listserver.  I would like to applaud the Air Force for cleaning
up the active bases on a regular basis.  I do believe that would help the
ground/groundwater contamination greatly.  I do believe the Air Force is a
number one polluter of the groundwater due to fuel for their 'flying
machines'.  I would like to know how the Air Force monitors for groundwater
contamination on active bases.  My other question:  How is the Air Force
working to lower emissions?

The Marines testimony was interesting and I am very familiar with the Miramar

Marine Corps Air Station.  I do agree there must be a buffer zone for there
is no way to 'mute' the sound of those fighters taking off, landing or flying

for that matter.  I lived next to Camp Bonneville in WA and, for me
personally, I loved the sound of the Army Helicopters coming in or flying
over BUT everyone does not enjoy those sounds like I would.  I am also VERY
aware of Camp Pendleton.  I must ask WHY that particular spot of beach and
not any other?  Camp Pendleton takes up many miles of the Southern California

coastline.

Stella Bourassa