2001 CPEO Military List Archive

From: olah@speagle.com
Date: 18 Jun 2001 17:38:58 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] June 30 RALLY at Badger Ammo Plant

PRESS RELEASE
For Immediate Release

TO: People and organizations interested in obtaining the Badger Army
Ammunition Plant for non-polluting, ecologically friendly uses (state
park lands, nature preserve, wild prairie, bio and geo research,
historical education and limited agriculture).

FROM: Bill Wenzel, Sr., 675 Grand, Prairie du Sac, 53578.
Phone(608)643-5156

SUBJECT: Recruitment of members and the public to support two rallies:
	11 a..m. on Saturday, June 30th at Badger Plant and
	2:00 p.m. in Madison at the State Capital building, south entrance.

This is a request for your active personal support and it comes at a
critical time in the process of securing the former Badger Anny
Ammunition Plant for the people of Wisconsin.

The U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) is close to determining
who will get possession of this 7,354 acres of surplus property. The Ho
Chunk Indians and the U. S. Dairy Forage Research Center have already
applied for sections of this property.

Now is the time to let Governor McCallum and our state representatives
know that the citizens of this state want Badger returned to the people,
not to business and industrial corporations. We also need to send this
same message to our Senators and Representatives in Washington to gain
their support. The last thing we need is a major international chemical
company and other industry on these lands adjacent to Devil's State
Park, the National Ice Age Trail and Nature Conservancy lands.

I ask you to share this request with others and urge them to participate
in at least one of the two rallies planned for Saturday, June 30!

If you will participate please let me know by mail or phone and I will
get back to you with more information about this demonstration of
support.

We need to contact and invite as many ecology friendly people as we can
to attend this rally in order to get the attention of our state and
national political leaders; local and state newspapers; TV stations and
supportive citizens.

This rally will be a non-threatening, peaceful demonstration to help
reverse 47 years of industrial/chemical pollution at Badger. It is now
time to heal this once beautiful farm land and you can help by giving us
an hour or two of your time. Watch for upcoming newspaper press
releases!

We have put out the call! Participate in this rally to preserve Badger
for those who live in Wisconsin now and for the sake of generations yet
to come. Mother Nature needs us!

SEND ALL RESPONSES OR INFORMATION REQUESTS TO:
Bill Wenzel, Sr., 675 Grand, Prairie du Sac, 53578.  Phone(608)643-5156