2001 CPEO Military List Archive

From: StellaVB@aol.com
Date: 17 May 2001 17:03:16 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Fort Ord Ruling

In reading this ruling, it leaves one wondering about our judicial system.
How interesting CERCLA is used to which ever persuasion one is associated
with. The Army is known for not utilizing CERCLA and now it seems because of
it, they will be allowed to continue OB/OD, that is if I read this right.

OB/OD may have been the technology to use 20, 30 even 50 years ago due to the
lack of knowledge by the military. This is not the case today and everyone
involved in these base cleanups knows this besides, it appears, the Judge in
this case.

Beyond all this, what a shame that our military, who knows the truth, will
not in 'good faith' do what is right and that is protecting the health and
safety of the public and environment. I am aware that technology such as the
Donovan Blast Chamber is called 'that little blow up box' by USACE and the
military but 'that little blow up box' is innovative in regard to getting rid
of ordnance without doing more damage to the environment.

Stella Bourassa