2001 CPEO Military List Archive

From: CPEO Moderator <cpeo@cpeo.org>
Date: 6 Mar 2001 23:34:04 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] CPEO updates eight Technology Tree descriptions

In November 1998 CPEO made its official unveiling of the "Technology Tree" on
our web site http://www.cpeo.org/techtree. The purpose of the web site is to
make it easier to learn about the complex universe of cleanup technologies. The
Tech Tree doesn't duplicate existing information on other web sites. Instead it
summarizes each technology  and provides links for users who want more
comprehensive descriptions. The summaries point out limitations and concerns
about each technology.

Besides providing individual technology descriptions, the site provides links
to 200 glossary terms. It also has a Resource Page for additional web sites and
includes points of contact for various federal agencies. The People Tree
resource lists independent technical consultants - people who specialize in
explaining environmental technology to public stakeholders.

Through a small EPA grant we've been able to update eight of the 97 technology
descriptions.

8 Updated Descriptions
 ---------------------------

Dynamic Underground Stripping and Hyrdrous Pyrolysis Oxidation (DUS/HPO)
http://www.cpeo.org/techtree/ttdescript/dynus.htm

Electrokinetics
http://www.cpeo.org/techtree/ttdescript/elctro.htm

Horizontal Wells
http://www.cpeo.org/techtree/ttdescript/horzwel.htm

In-Situ Permeable Flow Sensor
http://www.cpeo.org/techtree/ttdescript/insuperm.htm

Multi-Sensor Towed Array Detection System (MTADS)
http://www.cpeo.org/techtree/ttdescript/advmstad.htm

Open Burning and Open Detonation (OB/OD)
http://www.cpeo.org/techtree/ttdescript/detburn.htm

Passive Soil Gas Screening (formerly known as PETREX)
http://www.cpeo.org/techtree/ttdescript/petrex.htm

Pyrolysis
http://www.cpeo.org/techtree/ttdescript/pyrols.htm

We hope you find this information helpful, and we would appreciate your
feedback. Are the descriptions, including the updated ones, easy to use? What
other information or features might prove helpful? which other descriptions
need updating most? Are there other technologies you think we should profile?