2001 CPEO Military List Archive

From: CPEO Moderator <cpeo@cpeo.org>
Date: 6 Jan 2001 01:05:02 -0000
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Response to "Environmentally sensitive warmaking"

This message was sent to CPEO by Richard Hugus <rhugus@cape.com>

Lenny Siegel, CPEO:

I was astounded by your recent argument for "environmentally
sensitive" warmaking and its implied justification of the Pentagon's means
and agenda in the world.

After all the evidence that we have seen of environmental damage
caused worldwide by the DoD, not to mention the many millions of
people it has killed, can anyone escape the fact that, in the deepest
sense, the Pentagon is conducting a war on the biosphere? This isn't an
accident or an unfortunate side-effect. It is intentional. This is the
Pentagon's business.

The last thing we need is apologetics for such a monstrosity --or,
even worse, calls for moderation -- especially from people who are
supposed to be dedicated to stopping it!

Richard Hugus
Cape Cod