2000 CPEO Military List Archive

From: marylia@earthlink.net
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 10:32:58 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] NEW on TVC web site - NIF, NMD, more

Dear peace and environmental colleagues:

Tri-Valley CAREs has NEW items on its web site for your reading pleasure.
Our web address is http://www.igc.org/tvc. There, you will find the
September 2000 issue of our newsletter, Citizen's Watch, with the following
stories --

        * Federal Audit Chronicles National Ignition Facility Deception,
Tri-Valley CAREs Seeks Criminal Investigation (get all the info on this,
the LATEST, of the ever-unfolding NIF scandals);

        * National Missile Defense Deployment Postponed (see what this will
mean, and what it doesn't mean);

        * Protect the Desert, Convert the Nevada Test Site (find out about
Livermore Lab's most recent subcritical nuclear test and what you can do);

        * Hiroshima at Livermore Lab (a report on the August 6 action);

        * What's New at Tri-Valley CAREs (our funding appeal, personnel
updates and the -- hooray -- announcement that we have won the EPA's first
national "Hazardous Waste Citizens Award" (complete with a link to the EPA
site and press release); and

        * Alerts, Calendar Section

You will also find

        * Our most recent report, "Managing the U.S. Nuclear Weapons
Stockpile: A Comparison of 5 Strategies," by Dr. Robert Civiak -- in simple
to download pdf format;

        * Press releases;

        * Postcards (a new one on subcritical testing to be added soon);

        * Back issues of Citizen's Watch, fact sheets, action alerts, links
to other group's web sites; and

        * MORE.

Happy web browsing.  Peace, Marylia

Marylia Kelley
Tri-Valley CAREs
(Communities Against a Radioactive Environment)
2582 Old First Street
Livermore, CA USA 94550

<http://www.igc.org/tvc/> - is our web site, please visit us there!

(925) 443-7148 - is our phone
(925) 443-0177 - is our fax

Working for peace, justice and a healthy environment since 1983, Tri-Valley
CAREs has been a member of the nation-wide Alliance for Nuclear
Accountability in the U.S. since 1989, and is a co-founding member of the
Abolition 2000 global network for the elimination of nuclear weapons, the
U.S. Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons and the Back From the Brink
campaign to get nuclear weapons taken off hair-trigger alert.