2000 CPEO Military List Archive

From: meuser@mapcruzin.com
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 10:18:38 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] TRI maps your way

Hi - A week or so ago I offered 1998 TRI maps that could be viewed with
ESRI's ArcExplorer GIS viewer or ArcView GIS.

http://www.mapcruzin.com/tri_1998/index.html

Since then hundreds have downloaded the maps and I've received several
inquiries.  Most had to do with creating map subsets of the data for use
with the above two programs.  This is what I've decided to do.

I'll make 1998 TRI maps your way.  Tell me what TRI data you would like to
see in your map layer. If I can do it, I'll download the data from
http://www.rtk.net , convert it to a shapefile, and send it to you so that
you can add it to the ArcExplorer map you download here or for use with
ArcViewn AND I'll make it available here to anyone else who might be able
to use it. Some examples would be "all TRI facilities in the U.S. who
release mercury into the water" or "TRI facilities in Sonoma County,
California who release lead into the air". I'll also list your contact
information and website if you like. If you want one let me know. Note that
if you specify certain chemicals, the CAS number would be helpful. Also I
would need the specific chemicals within such groups as "Dioxins", "Furans"
  and the like. In fact if anyone can send me such lists -- dioxins,
furans, hormone-disruptors and the like -- I will be forever grateful. Note
also that I can work with any year(s) of TRI data.

Thnx,

Mike

Michael R. Meuser,
Environmental Sociologist
meuser@mapcruzin.com
http://www.mapcruzin.com/
Environmental Communication, GIS, RTK,
Environmental & Sociodemographic Research,
"Making Data Make Sense"

Join RTK-Watch.  Send a blank message to:
rtk-watch-subscribe@topica.com