2000 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Aimee Houghton <aimeeh@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 11:51:17 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] BRAC Cleanup Money Cut

>As far as we know, the Committee has not yet completed its work.
We have just found out that this legislation is out of conference committee
and on its way to the White House for the President's signature.  At this
time we don't have any information on whether or not the President will
veto or sign the bill.

This $150 million cut could impact a vast majority of BRAC bases throughout
the country by delaying cleanup projects due to insificient funds.  At this
point, the services are most likely lobbying hard inside of the Pentagon to
protect their individual cleanup budgets.

CPEO will continue to post updates on this topic.

Aimee

Aimee R. Houghton
CPEO, Associate Director
122 C Street NW, Suite 700