2000 CPEO Military List Archive

From: hdqrs@worldnet.att.net
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 09:50:45 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] "Cry me a River" Esq., style.

"Cry me a River" Esq., style.

Jimmie D. Oyler, Principal Chief
United Tribe of Shawnee Indians
**************************
http://www.desotoexplorer.com/section/opinion/story/145

City is already protected from Oz
By Michael P. Howe DeSoto City Attorney

Thursday, May 11, 2000

I wanted to refute the incredible misconceptions and misinformation, which
surrounded DeSoto's recent effort to propose legislation, which would have
amended the state's statutes regarding economic development in light of the
proposed Oz development.

In my 21 years as a city attorney representing the cities of Kansas City,
Lenexa and now DeSoto, I have never written a letter to the editor, but
felt compelled to in this matter based upon the insulting insinuations by
State Representatives John Ballou and Phil Kline against the city of DeSoto
and Mayor Steve Prudden. Both representatives either didn't understand
DeSoto's proposal or didn't care to understand our proposal for their own
political motivations. My suspicion is that the latter is true, especially
in light of the fact I fully explained Mayor Steve Prudden's proposal to
Representative Ballou. In addition, Representative Kline totally
mischaracterized the Kansas revisor of statute's opinion he personally had
requested.

continued....