2000 CPEO Military List Archive

From: StellaVB@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 09:11:29 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Camp Bonneville.........

Lenny,

Please post this on your website for me......thank you!  Stella

Greetings to One and All1

So often we receive CPEO's information and more times than not, it's the
negative side of the BRAC/FUDS sites.  I have been involved with the Camp
Bonneville Base Closure in Vancouver, WA for over two years now.  It has
been
quite a learning experience but for the vast majority of the time it has
been
positive.  In recent weeks, I have been pleasantly surprised.  The Army and
it's Commanders of this base are proving out to be accountable and
responsible.  We have had several articles in our newspaper addressing the
safety issues and the Army's commitment to cleanup this base.  I have worked
with local, state and federal elected officials through their local
Representatives and have found this to be extremely beneficial.  A recent
meeting with one of our county Commissioners and few other key players in
local government along with two regulators proved extremely productive.

I can not tell any of you what a pleasure it has been in recent weeks.  I
also found it imperative to tell a 'positive' story since we all know what a
nightmare these sites have become.  I would strongly encourage everyone on a
BRAC or FUD site committee to communicate, face to face, with your local,
state and federal elected officials on a regular basis and to communicate
with the military commanders in charge of your particular base closure.

Though these bases may not get cleaned up as fast as we'd like, the fight is
well worth it.  My experience with Camp Bonneville is testament to this.
You
all have a great day!

Stella Bourassa
RAB Member
Camp Bonneville
Vancouver, WA

You can find archived listserve messages on the CPEO website at

http://www.cpeo.org/lists/index.html.

If this email has been forwarded to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a message to:

cpeo-military-subscribe@igc.topica.com
Want to find the best email lists? Check out the Topica 20!
http://www.topica.com/topica20