2000 CPEO Military List Archive

From: CPEO Moderator <cpeo@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 16:36:54 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Western Stakeholders' Forum on Land Use Controls in Federal Facilitie

We are posting more information on the upcoming Western Stakeholders'
Forum on Land Use Controls in Federal Facilities Cleanup on February 11
- 13 in San Francisco, California.  This letter provides you with travel
and lodging information for the event.  The final draft agenda is
available at the CPEO website http://www.cpeo.org for you to download.
Click on "Where the Action is".  If you would like an electronic version
or a hardcopy faxed to you, please contact Pauline Simon at:
psimon@cpeo.org or call 415-405-7750.

All participants are required to fill out a registration form, which is
available at the CPEO website http://www.cpeo.org.  Please download the
form and fax it to Pauline Simon at 415-904-7765.  Deadline to register
is February 1, 2000.

Lodging

To make a reservation at the Ramada Plaza Hotel please call
1-800-227-4747 and state that you are with CPEO and you will receive our
negotiated group rate.  The deadline for making reservations is 2/1/00.
After that time reservations will be made on a space available basis.
Should you need to cancel your reservation you must do so 72 hours in
advance of your arrival to avoid any penalties.

Ramada Plaza Hotel
1231 Market St.
San Francisco, CA 94103
Phone 415-626-8000
Fax: 415-861-1460

The Ramada Hotel is located on the BART and MUNI (underground bus)
public transportation lines at the Civic Center stop.

Directions to the hotel

Driving from the San Francisco Airport

Take US-101 North for about 12 miles.  Take the Civic Center Ninth
Street exit (veer left). Follow Ninth Street to Market Street, turn
right, go one block, hotel is on the right.

Driving from the Oakland Airport

Get onto Hegenberger drive. Turn right onto Hegenberger Rd. Take I-880
North Ramp towards downtown Oakland. Take I-80 West Ramp to Bay Bridge.
I-80 W/Bay Bridge becomes I-80 W. Take the Civic Center Ninth Street
exit (veer left). Follow Ninth Street to Market Street, turn right, go
one block, hotel is on the right.

Ground Transportation

Taking a shuttle from the Airport

Most shuttles cost about $10 to $12 per person one way. You can find
information on transportation alternatives for the two airport's at:

http://www.sfoairport.com/transport/services/gt_tsv_search.asp

http://www.oaklandairport.com/groundtr.html

You can find an online map of San Francisco at:
http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=&csz=san+francisco&Get%A0Map=Get+Map

Parking

The nearest parking garage available to the public is located at the
Civic Center on McAllister Street between Polk and Larkin Street.
Parking rates are $1 for 1 hour and $4.50 for 4 hours.

Ramada parking costs $15 dollars per day.

Meetings

All meetings will take place at Hastings College of the Law.  Hastings
College is located at 198 McAllister St. (cross street is Hyde St.)  The
location is about 2 blocks north of the Ramada Plaza.

The opening plenary session will begin in the Louis B. Mayer room at
1:00 p.m. on Friday, 2/11/00.  Registration begins at Noon.  If you are
attending the 10:30 a.m. Primer on Land Use Controls on Friday go to the
Louis B. Mayer room for room assignment.

Directions to Hastings

Driving from the San Francisco Airport

Approximate travel time: 20 Minutes. From San Francisco Airport I-80/US
101 North take the Seventh St. Exit. Keep Left at the fork in the ramp
and merge onto 7th St. 7th St. becomes Charles J Brenham/7th  St. North.
 Turn Left onto McAllister Street.

Driving from the Oakland Airport

Approximate travel time: 20 Minutes. Get onto Hegenberger drive. Turn
right onto Hegenberger Rd. Take I-880 North Ramp towards downtown
Oakland. Take I-80 West Ramp to Bay Bridge. I-80 W/Bay Bridge becomes
I-80 W. Take the 5th St. exit on the left towards (US-101 NORTH)/ Golden
Gate Bridge). Turn left onto Harrison St. Turn right onto 7th St. 7th
St. becomes Charles J Brenham /7th St. North.  Turn Left onto McAllister
Street.

We hope to see you on the 11th!  Please contact us if you have any
questions.

You can find archived listserve messages on the CPEO website at

http://www.cpeo.org/lists/index.html.

If this email has been forwarded to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a message to:

cpeo-military-subscribe@igc.topica.com

Faster, stronger and able to send millions
of emails in one click: the new Topica site!
http://www.topica.com/t/14