1999 CPEO Military List Archive

From: CPEO Moderator <cpeo@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 15:13:47 GMT
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Vanadium/Vieques/documentation

[This message was posted to the listserver by Laura Olah,
olah@speagle.com]

Hi everyone,
I have been told vanadium is a soil contaminant at/near Vieques,
presumably particulate fallout from associated OB/OD activities.

According to the NRC, Vanadium has nine known isotopes of which at least
3 are classified as radionuclides, also Vanadium-containing compounds
may be considerably more toxic than Vanadium alone.

Can anyone provide me with documents that provide more specific
information that would confirm what form/concentration/medium vanadium
has been found in the environment there?  If the documents are too big
to photocopy, I would like to borrow the report and will return the
original document to you (by post) as quickly as possible.

Laura

--
Laura Olah, Executive Director
Citizens for Safe Water Around Badger

You can find archived listserve messages on the CPEO website at

http://www.cpeo.org/lists/index.html.

If this email has been forwarded to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a message to:

cpeo-military-subscribe@igc.topica.com

You share a similar passion. You align with common interests.
You connect over a favorite topic. You belong at Topica.
http://www.topica.com/t/10