1999 CPEO Military List Archive

From: jancg@webtv.net
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 10:25:45 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Granite Management Flyer

The following letter was written to the Department of Toxic Substances
Control (DTSC) from the Committee for Public Advisory Consensus on
Tourtelot (ComPACT) to inform DTSC of a city-wide mailing from a
developer (Granite Management Corp., subisidary of Ford Motor Co.) that
attempts to discredit ComPACT's policy paper for the cleanup of  UXO and
hazardous waste site where the developer wants to build 420 homes.

ComPACT wants the cleanup of the site to be separate from the housing
development plans -- the developer wants to "bundle" the project by
combining cleanup with massive cut and fill for housing plans.  ComPACT
wanted DTSC to be aware of the developer's tactics.

ComPACT's policy paper can be found on the URL below.

jlcg

http://community.webtv.net/jancg/HealthyBeniciaTask

http://community.webtv.net/jancg/ComPACTCommitteefor