1999 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Mjkingbk@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 10:56:07 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: [CPEO-MEF] Re:Looking for Technical Resources

 PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE IN LISTSERVER
 PROCEDURES: EFFECTIVE 11/16/99, A SIMPLE
 REPLY WILL SEND A MESSAGE TO THE ORIGINATOR OF
 THIS MESSAGE, AS LISTED ON THE "FROM" LINE OF
 THE HEADER. A REPLY TO "ALL" WILL SEND  YOUR
 RESPONSE TO THE ENTIRE LIST OF SUBSCRIBERS,
 AS WELL.

Resource Solutions a program at the Univ. of Alaska is working with public
stakeholders (primarily in rural areas) to bridge the gap between the public
and agencies on cleanup issues.  One of the items that we have found is
lacking is understandable technical information on contaminants.  It's been
suggested that videos would be a good means of conveying such information and
we are wondering if any such videos (and/or fact sheets) exist to better
understand hazards found in relation to military uses, especially FUDS.
Primary contaminants in AK are petroleum related both in soil and
groundwater, also PCBs and heavy metals.

Does anyone know of any videos/info for public education on these subjects?

Thanks!

Margaret (Meg) King
Program Manager
Resource Solutions
University of Alaska Anchorage
907.257.2716/907.257.2707 (fax)
mjkingbk@aol.com

http://www.uaa.alaska.edu/enri/rs_site/rs1.html

You can find archived listserve messages on the CPEO website at http://www.cpeo.org/lists/index.html.

If this email has been forwarded to you and you'd like to subscribe, please send a message to:

cpeo-military-subscribe@igc.topica.com

Have you seen our List Picks of The Week?
Get Informed, Entertained, Enlightened at Topica.
http://www.topica.com/t/7