1999 CPEO Military List Archive

From: rstauber@olg.com
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 14:41:23 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: [CPEO-MEF] Tracking EOD Incidents

The information that you just received is correct to a point.  I have just
completed a job for EPA on
this matter.  The Prime was a company called DPRA and I provide technical
assistance to them.  One of the
tasks was to compile a listing of all off-base related UXO incidents.

Attempts to contact 52d Ord. Gp (EOD) for information was rebuffed, and a
formal request was sent to DOD
to request their assistance in this matter.  Due to the delays that were
in-countered none of this
information was made available for the EPA report.  In-fact no information
was received at all from the
Army Command for this report.

The ATF was a little more helpful!

>From ATF records and incident reports some information was obtained that
coupled with data obtained from
the DDESB.  From these records a report was generated.

A more complete report could have been produced with support from the
Army's Bomb Disposal Command, (52d
Ord Gp EOD) but it would seem that politics now effect even the Military
Bomb Disposal community.

Sometimes I wonder what has happened to the "Army Core Values" that
existed only a couple of years ago.

R. Stauber
US Army Ret.
Master EOD Tech.

You can find archived listserve messages on the CPEO website at http://www.cpeo.org/lists/index.html.

Got a Favorite Topic to Discuss?  Start a List at Topica.
http://www.topica.com/t/4