1999 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Pauline Simon <cpeo@cpeo.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 11:16:56 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Tracking EOD Incidents

In my recent message about the discovery of old 500-pound bombs north of
San Francisco, I asked:

"Does anyone track such discoveries? I know there isn't a good list of
actual explosive incidents involve old munitions. A database of both
would be valuable."

I received the following response from someone in the military:

"As far as I know, there is no central tracking system for emergency
individual EOD unit is required to keep records of its emergency
should be centralized and kept in perpetuity. Such records would augment
the historical records searches we do on Formerly Used Defense Sites and
help us more accurately identify areas where UXO is known to exist."

These sound like good ideas to me!

c/o PSC, 222B View St., Mountain View, CA 94041
lsiegel@cpeo.org
http://www.cpeo.org

You can find archived listserve messages on the CPEO website at http://www.cpeo.org/lists/index.html.

Got a Favorite Topic to Discuss?  Start a List at Topica.
http://www.topica.com/t/4