1999 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Pauline Simon <cpeo@cpeo.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 11:00:16 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: NAS Alameda Point RAB

<------ Original Message Follows ------>
From: martymartinson@yahoo.com

Can anyone tell me if the issue of humun health risk assessments can be
part of the RAB recommendations to DOD? I am speaking of past exposure
(for example) of federal workers or people living next to a base. If
these people had exposure to the IR sites on base which now are
confirmed to be toxic and a threat to human health and the environment,
then a human restoration component needs to be added to the base
restoration project.

Currently, I think there is no forum to address this issue. Here at
Alameda Point, the East Bay Conversion and Reinvestment Comission made
recommendations which included health screenings for workers a residents
that were potentially exposed to pollutants from DOD Navy operations.

When I brought this subject up to the RAB Community Co-Chair, her
response was that my issue "appears to involve a legal claim". What I
submit is that part of the function of the RAB is to have input to DOD
regarding restoration, and that restoration can not be complete until it
addresses the issue of past workers and local residents who may have ben
exposed to these highly contaminated sites which are becoming quite
costly and the subject of much debate.

<------ End Of Original Message ------->

You can find archived listserve messages on the CPEO website at http://www.cpeo.org/lists/index.html.

Got a Favorite Topic to Discuss?  Start a List at Topica.
http://www.topica.com/t/4