1999 CPEO Military List Archive

From: OrdToxics@aol.com
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 14:01:20 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Request Fort Ord "UXO Studies" for Fort Ord

Jim Willison
Directorate of Natural Resources
Presidio of Monterey Annex
Former Fort Ord

Request for Presentation on "UXO Studies" for Fort Ord

Jim Willison:

I am requesting the Army and its contractors make presentations on the recent
papers presented by Fort Ord at the national conference on UXO remediation.

The UXO Papers titled, "Evaluation of Potential Soil Contamination From Open
Detonation During Ordnance and Explosive Removal Actions. Former Fort Ord,
California" ; by Bruce L. Wilcer, R.G., David Eisen, R.G., and Richard Booth,
R.G. and "Investigation of Toxic Air Contaminants Released from Incidental
Detonation of Ordnance and Explosives During Prescribed Burning of Vegetation
at the Former Fort Ord, California" ; by Douglas E. Cover, REA, QEP, Kevin
Siemann, Nicole Ortega were recently presented to a national conference on
UXO cleanup.  I am asking that you mailed these documents ASAP, along with
the Army's Public Meeting agenda for the next meeting.

I request the Army and their contractors make presentations on these "UXO
Papers" and include these presentations on the Agenda for the Army's public
meeting scheduled for July 7, 1999.  Additionally, the Army must mail these
two papers along with the agenda for the July 7th public meeting.

If you have any questions regarding this request, please contact me ASAP.
Thank you for your effort in this matter.

Regards,
Curt Gandy
Executive Director
Fort Ord Toxics Project &