1999 CPEO Military List Archive

From: marylia@earthlink.net (marylia)
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 10:30:04 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: New! On the Web! From TVC!

Dear friends and colleagues:

Hello. This is to announce that our May 1999 newsletter, Citizen's Watch is
up on our web site and waiting for you to peruse it. Our web site is
located at http://www.igc.org/tvc. Once there, you will find:

(1) "Stewardship: Check Under the Hood" which previews an upcoming
Tri-Valley CAREs' report on alternatives to the Department of Energy's
"Stockpile Stewardship" program.

(2) "Shared Vision and DC Days" which recounts the adventures of Tri-Valley
CAREs members and friends from across the U.S. and Russia as they advocate
in Washington, DC's halls of power for disarmament, nonproliferation and
cleanup of the Cold War legacy.

(3) "Hague: Group to Present Appeal on Fusion Weapons Research" regarding
our participation in the Hague Appeal for Peace, and highlighting an
international appeal to halt the U.S. National Ignition Facility and the
French Laser Mégajoule, both of which may be illegal under the
Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty. (Copies of the petition are available in
English and French by email or snail mail on request.)

Also, read an analysis of the "Dysfunctional DOE," check out upcoming
events and MUCH MORE. Log on and enjoy. And, don't forget to visit our new
web links while you are there.

Peace, Marylia

++ Please note that my email address has changed to <marylia@earthlink.net>
on 3/1/99 ++

Marylia Kelley
Tri-Valley CAREs
(Communities Against a Radioactive Environment)
2582 Old First Street
Livermore, CA USA 94550

<http://www.igc.org/tvc/> - is our web site, please visit us there!
Our web site will remain at this location. Only my email address has
changed on 3/1/99.

(925) 443-7148 - is our phone
(925) 443-0177 - is our fax

Working for peace, justice and a healthy environment since 1983,
Tri-Valley CAREs has been a member of the nation-wide Alliance for Nuclear
Accountability in the U.S. since 1989, and is a co-founding member of the
international Abolition 2000 network for the elimination of nuclear
weapons.