1998 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Pam Miller <acat@akcf.org>
Date: 30 Nov 1998 10:09:51
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: Biological Warfare Agents (fwd)

Dear Mark,

I've replied to Jeanne Rosen concerning chemical and biological weapons
testing at Gerstle River Test Site. You are probably aware of the chemical
weapons dumping off the Aleutians. Between 1947-49, the military dumped
about 2 million pounds of mustard and arsenic blister agents about 12 miles
off Adak. Other information on chemical warfare materiel in Alaska and
elsewhere can be found (and you're probably already aware of this) in
Non-Stockpile Chemical Materiel Program Survey and Analysis Report, U.S.
Army Chemical Materiel Destruction Agency, November 1993.

Hope this is helpful.

Best regards,

Pamela K. Miller, Program Director
Alaska Community Action on Toxics