1998 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Ted Henry <thenry@umaryland.edu>
Date: 16 Nov 1998 13:05:18
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Biological Warfare Agents

Dear fellow listservees

As APG is one of the premiere military sites for confirmed and potential
contamination, including chemical-filled unexploded ordnance, depleted
uranium, VOC plumes, creek sediment contamination, land-filled marshes and
explosives in public drinking water, my work leads me to ask the following
questions:

1. What military sites have found or discussed the presence of
biological warfare agents (BWA)?

FYI to generate thought - I am thus far aware of three potential areas
where the discussion may have taken place, including Wright-Patterson AFB
(from my information believed to have recovered dummy vials of BWA),
Defense Depot Ogden Utah (from my information it is thought they recovered
vials that were not dummy-filled) and it appears Dugway conducted an
environmental assessment of a Bio Test Area.

Disclaimer to avoid misunderstanding - Of course, this information may be
clarified or otherwise corrected in the future as I have not obtained
documentation on these three sites.

2. If this has been a topic of any military presentation to citizens at a
RAB or elsewhere, what type of information was presented?

Sincerely

Ted Henry
TAG Consultant for Aberdeen Proving Ground Superfund Citizens Coalition
(APGSCC)

Theodore (Ted) J. Henry, MS

Managing Director,
Community Health Assessment & Public Participation (CHAPP) Center
Department of Pathology
University of Maryland, Baltimore
100 North Greene Street, Room 417
Baltimore, Maryland 21201