1998 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Center for Public Environmental Oversight <cpeo@cpeo.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 16:47:42 -0700
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: UXO related Training

Thought this announcement might be of interest to you.

Tony Chenhansa
CPEO

 Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 15:47:03 -0500
 From: Paul Ihrke <LSIHRKE@teexnet.tamu.edu>

Our next UXO Safety and Environmental Oversight course will be 20-24
July. This course offers an excellent opportunity for you and/or other
key personnel in your office to better understand the UXO challenges
and how to deal with them. The course lasts 5 days and covers the
principles of explosive ordnance, the associated hazards and related
safety precautions. It covers the various types of munitions and
fuzing
systems. The course also covers relevant technologies, an overview of
recent accidents, and risk management options.

Tuition for this course is $1195. We have made special arrangements
for dormitory space during this time frame and double occupancy with
full linen service is $18/night and single occupancy rooms are
$27/night.
University meal plans are also available at a reasonable rate.

If you are able to take advantage of this course, please contact me or a

member of the staff as soon as possible at 409-862-6650, or
800-423-8433.

Thanks, Paul