1997 CPEO Military List Archive

From: marianne.thaeler@sfsierra.sierraclub.org
Date: 20 Oct 1997 13:52:20
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: RAB mileage

As Co Chair of the US Army Ft. Bliss RAB, I want to ask for some help. The RAB
identified a problem maybe someone can do something about.

Because Ft. Bliss straddles the Texas/New Mexico state line boundary and has
subdivisions along 2-4 range boundary lines, depending on who's counting, RAB
members have to travel over 140 miles round trip to meetings. Can we get some
pressure to have mileage reimbursed for extreme cases such as this?

What happens is that members attend meetings when we hold them in their
community, but not when held in others.

We have no problem with limitations, number of trips eligible, etc. to avoid
abuse.
Marianne Thaeler