1997 CPEO Military List Archive

From: "Laura Olah" <olah@speagle.com>
Date: 21 Jul 1997 13:32:33
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: DOD's ENVIRONMENTAL RECORD

Re: Anonymous posting from DOD.

It is my experience that DoD's actions were NOT, for the most part, "the
standard management practices in place in this country at the time".

When the Army regularly sent trucks to pick up the dead fish in Gruber's
Grove Bay during Badger Army Ammunition Plant's active days,

when the Army issued face masks to nearby farmers who needed to go into
their fields to milk the cows,

and when the foam on the river was so high it covered the road --

the Army DID know better, however we were in the middle of a war and the
military's mission was prioritized over all others... a rationale that
is no longer readily accepted by the American public; THIS is what is
different, and THIS is what we have learned.

 Laura Olah

Incidentally, I do not support unsigned postings from ANYONE. If you
are telling the truth, you shouldn't be afraid to stand behind your
words.