1997 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@igc.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 11:37:10 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: RAB "ADJOURNMENT"

DRAFT RAB ADJOURNMENT GUIDANCE

At the recent meeting of the Defense Environmental Response Task Force,
the Defense Department presented ideas from its (still under
development) draft guidance on the adjournment (termination) of
Restoration Advisory Boards.

I don't view this process as controversial. In my experience, community
representatives don't want to continue attending meetings after their
work is done.

The draft guidance reportedly explains:

Some of the situations when it is appropriate for RABs to adjourn occur
when the following situations apply:

* when an installation no longer has an environmental restoration program

* when all environmental restoration decisions have been made final

* when all remedies are in place and operating properly and successfully

* when the base closure cleanup team has dissolved

* when there is no longer, sufficient, sustained community interest

Lenny Siegel