1997 CPEO Military List Archive

From: "Dottie Marron" <dmarron@cwsl.edu>
Date: 01 Jul 1997 21:41:41
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: Such Nonsense

> Shouldn't we place enough trust in our SecDef to promulgate accurate
> and equitable judgments as to what constitutes a detrimental impact on force
> readiness and an adequate level of training? Any attempt to usurp or
> attenuate this newly augmented authority calls to mind a basic tenant of
> unwritten military doctrine, i.e., "Civilians meddling excessively in
> matters miitary usually end up as too many cooks spoiling the broth."

I would like to point out that the military currently has pollution
prevention procedures in place that meet current oversight agency
standards. Why should following these procedures
have a detrimental impact on force readiness? I don't see that
pollution prevention would be any harder during wartime than during
peacetime.

Dottie

 ,-, | Dottie Marron djm@sol.cwsl.edu | ========
 ___| | | CALIFORNIA WESTERN SCHOOL OF LAW | -----