1996 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@igc.org>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 1996 00:34:29 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: FIVE PERCENT CUT

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@igc.org>

I just learned that the DERA-type (active and former bases) cleanup
account took a 5% hit when Congress and the PResident settled on the
final Defense Appropriation last week. I'll pass on more when I see the
details, but I assume that several programs took across the board cuts
as a result of last-minute reconciliation (of amounts, not politicians).
I don't know whether other environmental programs were also cut, but
BRAC (base closure) money was not affected because that is part of the
Military Construction Appropriations bill.