1996 CPEO Military List Archive

From: gkripke@igc.org
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 17:08:43 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: RIDERS ADDED TO PRESIDIO BILL

From: Gawain Kripke <gkripke@foe.org>

Dear environmental friends,

For those of you interested in this issue, please let me know. I am very
involved here in Washington and we need help -- especially with Sen.
Feinstein.

Gawain Kripke
Friends of the Earth
internet: gkripke@foe.org
202/783-7400 ext. 212
___________________
On Wed, 17 Jul
1996, Nick Morgan wrote:

> GRAZING ON PRESIDIO: Yesterday, the House Resources Committee offered
> to the Senate a proposal to move on the stalled Presidio bill (H.R.
> 1296), but loaded the bill with 91 unrelated provisions. The
> provisions include most of Sen. Domenici's Grazing bill (S. 1459) and
> an exchange of wilderness in the Gates of the Arctic National Park and
> Preserve. According to the Northern Alaska Environmental Center, the
> Secretaries of Interior and Agriculture have promised to recommend a
> Presidential veto if the grazing provisions are retained.

> GREEN
> GrassRoots Environmental Effectiveness Network
> A project of Defenders of Wildlife
> 1101 14th St. NW, Suite 1400, Washington, DC 20005
> (202) 682-9400 x290 fax:(202) 682-1331 e-mail: rfeather@clark.net
> check out our new web page at: http://www.defenders.org/grnhome.html
> For correspondence regarding our listserve and GREENLines
> contact: rfeather@clark.net (NOT listproc@envirolink.org)

Gawain Kripke
Director, Appropriations Project
FRIENDS OF THE EARTH
Internet: gkripke@foe.org

** Check out the Friends of the Earth Web Page at:
** http://www.foe.org/

 P R I V A C Y I S A R I G H T
**** Please note: I request that all recipients obtain my prior
**** consent before electronically forwarding or otherwise disseminating