1996 CPEO Military List Archive

From: INGOGLIM@hqpacaf.af.mil
Date: 12 Mar 1996 12:31:02
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: DOD ENVIRONMENTAL BUDGET - FY 97 -Reply

From: "J.Mark Ingoglia" <INGOGLIM@hqpacaf.af.mil>
Subject: Re: DOD ENVIRONMENTAL BUDGET - FY 97 -Reply -Reply

In 1980 we were excavating and burning. In 1995 we are accurately
projecting natural degradation rates and are gaining on technologies that
will provide low cost, insitu, permanant solutions to problems that were
considered technologically impossible to address a decade ago. Slow,
steady work with strong feedback loops on tech gains seems to be a
smarter way to proceed then to do the money dump thing. As long as
sites are stable, and imminent risks are controlled, why waste funds
conducting parallel developmental work on all sites across the nation?
Slow and steady is the way to go.