1996 CPEO Military List Archive

From: CGumbi@aol.com
Date: 10 Feb 1996 02:21:49
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: NAVY CLEANUP POLICY GUIDANCE

--PART.BOUNDARY.0.17898.emout05.mail.aol.com.823947710

Hi Lenny,
I would like to get a copy of the Navy Cleanup Guidance, asked Al Hurt, but
have not seen anything, yet. Also, do you have an up to date, similar
document for the Army? If so, may I get a copy from you?

Thanks
Curt

PS - Fort Ord RAB's community membership, and leadership has changed. We
have added approx. 40 new community members under EJ. One of the immediate
results is, I have been elected as the Community Co-Chair of our RAB. (see
attached file)

--PART.BOUNDARY.0.17898.emout05.mail.aol.com.823947710

February 6, 1996
=0D
Doug Kern =

Presidio of San Francisco RAB
and Regional RAB Caucus
=0D
Dear Doug,
=0D
I have good news, FOTP=92s community organizing effort, which has been fo=
cused
around =93Environmental Justice=94 and a lack of citizens, community, and=

diversity in Fort Ord=92s RAB membership has been a success. We succeede=
d in
expanding the RAB membership by approximately 40 new members of ethnicall=
diverse backgrounds. Subsequently, I have been elected to be the Commu=
nity
Co-Chair of the Fort Ord RAB. =

=0D
 However, the struggle is not over. It appears that the Army is still tr=
ying
to control the functioning of the Fort Ord RAB. One of the issues I have=

identified as contributing to this on going problem is the lack of well
defined or codified =93Procedures=94 and =93By-laws=94. It is my unders=
tanding that
you had a major role in crafting the Presidio of San Francisco=92s RAB By=
-laws.
I have read your RAB By-laws and I found them to be well thought out and
balanced representation of the intent of the original DOD-EPA Restoration=

Advisory Board Guidance (1994).
=0D
We, at Fort Ord, desperately need to revisit our =93Procedures=94 and =93=
By-laws=94.
The acrimonious and lengthily delays in local citizens participation in o=
ur
RAB has been due to deficient and in some cases, contradictory =93By-laws=
=94 and
=93Procedures=94. =

=0D
Therefore, I want to invite your assistance in helping get our RAB =93on
track=94, and functioning properly. All RAB members must be participatin=
g,
equally, as partners. Many of us feel the Presidio of San Francisco=92s =
RAB
By-laws would be a helpful guide in improving our own. =

=0D
Specifically, I would like to make two requests of you: =

 =

 1. I would like to obtain copy of the Presidio of San Francisco=92s RA=
By-laws, in electronic format, if at all possible.
=0D
 2. I would like to invite you to attend the Fort Ord RAB=92s =93By-la=
ws and
Procedures Committee=94 meeting to be held at the FORA conference room,
located at the 12th Street Gate of Fort Ord, on February 20, 1996, begin=
ning
at 6:30 PM.
=0D
Our RAB has directly benefited from your involvement as dedicated volunte=
er,
willing to share your valuable skills, training and experience, and we a=
re
very grateful for your dedication to a positive RAB process. =

=0D
Sincerely,
Curt Gandy
Community Co-Chair
Fort Ord RAB =

=0D

cc: Anne Simon, ELCC
 Running-Grass, ELCC
=0D

--PART.BOUNDARY.0.17898.emout05.mail.aol.com.823947710--