1995 CPEO Military List Archive

From: isisGU@hamp.hampshire.edu
Date: 07 Sep 1995 13:24:40
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: RABs & Info Access

Posting from ISIS Guest Account <isisGU@hamp.hampshire.edu>

Has anyone out there got suggestions or answers to the following questions?

We have trouble accessing info on our local Air Force base, partly due to
poor public repositories. Air Force Public Info dumps doccuments at three
public libraries in surrounding communities, and leaves it up to the
libraries to deal with the documents. The librarians, unsure of what to
do, shelve them where there's room or box and pile them in out-of-the-way
places. Is there any guidance on repositories that Air Force should
follow that could improve our access?

Also, our base was a major northeast Strategic Air Command facility until
the 1970's, but has few records from the SAC period. We have several
unexplained sites, and many open questions about what products were used,
dumped and landfilled. Is it possible that there are SAC records that
were brought elsewhere? How would I go about looking for them?

Thanks!
Jeff Green
Institute for Science & Interdisciplinary Studies
Prescott House C-5, 893 West Street
Amherst, MA 01002-5001
Phone (413)582-5582
Fax (413)582-5448