1995 CPEO Military List Archive

From: bjel0004@gold.tc.umn.edu
Date: 31 Jul 1995 12:23:13
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Looking for RAB SELECTION PANEL Ideas

Posting from Mark D Bjelland <bjel0004@gold.tc.umn.edu>

Dear RAB Members:

I am with the Arsenal Cleanup and Conversion Project, a citizens group
promoting broad public participation in planning for the cleanup and
reuse of the Twin Cities Army Ammunition Plant, near Minneapolis-St.
Paul. The Army has agreed to form a RAB, partly in response to our
group's petition. However, we are not pleased with the
Army's proposed approach to selecting RAB members which is to use the
local mayors as the selection panel. Also the RAB Selection Panel
meetings have been closed to public participation and frustrating to the
group representing the petitioners.

My question to other RABs around the country is ,who were the SELECTION
PANEL members, who facilitated the RAB Selection Panel meetings, and did it
work to generate a balanced and diverse RAB membership.

Please respond to: bjel0004@gold.tc.umn.edu

Thanks,

Mark Bjelland, Arsenal Cleanup and Conversion Project