1995 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Peter Strauss <pstrauss@igc.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 1995 23:32:33 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: RAB funding.

This turn of events is rather depressing. Although I'm not a lawyer, the only
there may be some room for interpretation of these amendments. I think that
the operative phrase in these amendments is "unless existing sources of technical
expertise cannot serve the objective for which technical assistance is requested."
Objective may be interpreted to mean providing impartial or trusted advice to
effected communities, and one could argue that existing expertise is either
not impartial, or trusted by the community. Just a thought.