1995 CPEO Military List Archive

From: ceaspa@nicarao.apc.org
Date: 19 Jun 1995 08:35:11
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Request for help, Panama

Panama, June 19, 1995

Dear Friends:

Here in Panama we have a question about bunkers used for storage
of ordnance, ammunition. We are hoping that maybe one or more of
the readers of this conference can help provide information.

1. Is there any information available on leaks or spills from
explosive material kept in munitions storage (preferably in igloo
type bunkers) either in or outside the USA?

2. Is there any experience of some kind of conversion to
alternative use of munitions storage bunkers, again we refer
particularly to Igloo type bunkers? if so, what kind of
alternative uses were they put to?

Thanks very much. Hope to hear from anyone who can help with
these queries, that come from one of the members of Panama's
Committee for Environmental Evaluation of the Lands and
Facilities to be Returned to Panama, (the US military bases and
training areas), under the Panama Canal Treaties.

>From

 Charlotte Elton
 CEASPA
 Apartado 6-133