1995 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Peter Strauss <pstrauss@igc.org>
Date: Thu, 25 May 1995 22:35:13 -0700 (PDT)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Unified Community Advisoryr Board

The Tucson International Airport site is one NPL site with 5 cleanup
zones and many PRPs, including the Air Force and the Arizona Air National Guard.
The community has had problems with the plethora of meetings it has been asked
to participate in: an Air Force RAB, an Air National Guard RAB, and Community
Advisory board (EPA), a health effects related group, and more. This month,
after some push by the community and some innovation by EPA, most all of
these groups were unified into the Unified Community Advisory Board. The
EPA RPM and and community member serve as co-chairs.
>From my perspective, which is one of a Technical Advisor to a community
group, this is long overdue, and will make life easier for all concerned.
Additionally, community members that have stopped participating because
they were asked to attend too many meetings per month, are encouraged and
have shown interest in participating again.
Kudos to EPA for showing some initiative. If you have a similar problem,
let me know and I will put you in touch with the people responsible.

peter strauss