1995 CPEO Military List Archive

From: gbatista@ns.unpma.pa
Date: 11 Apr 1995 14:26:52
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Military Bases in the Panama Canal

>From gbatista Tue 11 Apr 1995 16:11:28 remote from ns.unpma.pa
Date: Tue Apr 11 16:11:28 1995
From: gbatista@ns.unpma.pa
To: careerpro@igc.org

Since 1994 I participating as a member of the UNTAC, The Enviroment
Technical Evaluation National Committe at the Authority of the
Interoceanic Region (ARI).. This group is working in the economic
recovery and enviromental restoration of the military bases located
in the Panama Canal reverter areas.

In January of this year I was invited by Dr. Lenny Siegel director
of the Pacific Studies Center to participate in the Federal
Facility Enviromental Restoration Dialogue Committe in San
Francisco city.

I work at the Panama Canal Institute and International Studies of
the University of Panama. It is represents a vitally needed voice
for disarmament and arms control research. We are very interest to
initiate a mutual collaboration with the California groups to
designe and to promote base closure within Panama Canal, enhance
international community participation in redevelopment planning.

 Sincerely,
 Gloria Batista
 Department of the Enviroment
 Panama Canal Institute and International Studies

 E-MAIL gbatista@ns.unpma.pa

--
168.77.150.71 icap1.unpma.pa
168.77.150.73 icap2.unpma.pa