1995 CPEO Military List Archive

From: meuser@cats.ucsc.edu
Date: 05 Apr 1995 00:25:31
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: RABs and Reuse

Thanks to all for the insight on RABs and reuse.

Lenny and Paul, I now appreciate that Moffett is a unique case where
reuse is not a big issue.

Paul, thanks for your clarification. You laid out two scenarios.
Case #1 is occurring at Fort Ord as we speak (so to speak). FORA
is developing a plan for reuse that is contingent upon the attainment
of certain cleanup levels. Case #2 is a bit more tricky. What we
would think of as the community members, folks who are not on the
Army payroll and who are not regulators, feel that they have no
communication with FORA. But... at Fort Ord ALL RAB members are
community members per their recently drafted bylaws. So, one could
say that their is communication from the RAB to FORA because the
EPA and Cal-EPA reps are both RAB members and members of the BCT
an communicate regularly with FORA. Still, many of the everyday
community members feel left out in the cold, powerless.

Tony, thanks also for your input. Could I get a couple of copies
of the report you mention? One I'd like to keep and the other I'd
like to pass on to the Fort Ord RAB.

My address: Michael Meuser
 118 Koshland Way
 Santa Cruz, CA 95064