1995 CPEO Military List Archive

From: Lenny Siegel <lsiegel@igc.org>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 1995 12:18:06 -0800 (PST)
Reply: cpeo-military
Subject: Re: dera funding

I think when the Democrats were in power, at least in the House of Reps,
that advocates fo cleanup focused on Democratic leaders such as Ron Dellums
and Nancy Pelosi. The concentration of closure sites in the SF Bay Area helped.
However, we need to build ties to elected officials in Southern California. Don's
site is in Orange County, so my guess is that there are a lot of Republican
RAB members and Republican elected officials. TCE is bi-partisan.

Some members of Congress care about the environment. Others never will. But
many in the middle may care about cleanup projects in their own home districts
or areas.